Monday, August 02, 2010

Goodbye Champaign, IL.

This is for all my friends past and present in Champaign-Urbana, IL. And this is difficult.

It is difficult to say goodbye to you. It means I cannot see you as often as I like. It means that our paths will go separate ways. It means that all the things we've experienced together in the past will be faint memories and I cannot touch them.

This has been and always will be my home. For here is where I have left a part of my heart. That part will very soon split into a hundred pieces, and each go their own way to various parts of the earth. Is this not the most painful thing in the world?

Till we meet again.

2 comments:

  1. Your post sounds so fatalistic. Lighten up! There's always fantastic road trips, plane rides, and visiting! Don't forget virtual visits via instant messaging, texting, internet voice and video, etc! Yes, that's right - this means you can still taunt us with all the wonderful food you're eating! Move lah! Stay sober and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a pleasure to meet you and Charlene while I was in Champaign. I'm glad we were neighbors and shared a love of planting flowers, veggies, etc. on our porches. Thanks for coming to my birthday parties, and I have 6 weeks of vacation per year. I'm always up for a road trip (I drove to NJ, didn't I? :) ).

    ReplyDelete