Tuesday, August 18, 2009

On the road to Permanent Head Damage

It is just one more week to the final defense. The big D day literally. I have submitted my dissertation draft, after reading it for the hundredth time, re-crunching the numbers for the thousandth, and clicked the save button on Word for the millionth time. After sending the document off, and the first thought that came to mind was how stupid I was. Really. After devoting a whole month of intense thought on the data, I realize that that's all I really knew. And the other things around me took on their own life, grew up, and now, I don't recognitize them. So its going to take a while to reintegrate back into reality.

Now, its just one more powerpoint to go, and then...the same-o same-o. I sure hope all this is worth it! So far, it seems to be. If not for anything then just because life becomes a little clearer as we find out a little more, each step.

I like Douglas Adam's thought: Someone somewhere theorized that the minute a human being sits down and figures out how the universe works, it would immediately be replaced by another more complex universe...some say that this has already happened. Really, what I think about all this is that everything is like a donut. Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment